Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Part Two...Our Weekend Getaway

So, Nana came all the way out to CA to stay with Avery so Josh and I could go away for the weekend...Seriously, how great is she?? This was my first time away from Avery overnight...let alone, for 3 nights. And lets just say that the day or two before we left, I was a nervous wreck! But...I knew she'd be in great hands with Nana. The perfect situation.
So, Josh and I headed down to Newport Beach for some sun, relaxation, good eats and good times. We got there Thursday night...and to be honest, we didn't know what to do for a second. We had no baby to put to bed or bottles to wash or diapers to change. Kinda funny...
We had an amazing time...and I discovered I wasn't as stressed as I thought I'd be! Funny how a lounge chair by the pool in 80 degree weather and a good book and a pina colada will do that to a girl. ;)
our pool
Photobucket
Photobucket
now the other view...looking at the ocean
Photobucket
and yes, my husband played in the ping pong tournament...and won first place. i was so proud. and no, this wasn't a retirement resort!
Photobucket
he won the blue ribbon...and a mug. loved it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sunset, Dinner with friends and a dip in the hot tub...made for a great night
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks like SO much fun! I'm glad the trip was wonderful - I knew it would be. And I LOVE that Josh won the ping pong tournament ... wait until Ryan hears!

Courtney said...

Parenthood looks good on you guys ;-) I'm jealous you already snuck in a getaway...we're working on it!!

Did Josh have to compete against Moes Schrute?

by Beth said...

man i wish i could have been there for dinner! :)